If possible, use a large skillet or sauce pan in order to combine all ingredients into one pan
- (1) jar Cent'Anni Puttanesca or other favorite Cent'Anni sauce
- 1 lb Penne pasta or other short pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild, sweet or hot depending on preference)
- 8 oz oyster mushroom. May substitute with other mushrooms if desired.
- Salt/pepper/garlic powder
- Grated Parmigiano
- Fresh basil for garnish
Cook Italian sausage over medium heat until it is no longer pink; drain & set aside in a separate bowl.
In same skillet, sautee mushrooms until tender. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder
Add Italian sausage, mushrooms & Cent'Anni sauce into skillet & simmer on low
Cook Penne pasta to "al dente". Strain pasta & reserve a cup of pasta water
Add cooked pasta into skillet. Stir in with Italian sausage, mushrooms & Cent'Anni sauce.
Simmer all together for about 1 minute to allow pasta to take on the flavors. If sauce is too thick, add a bit of reserved pasta water to thin it out.
Serve with grated Parmigiano & fresh basil for garnish